Skip to content
かるた取りの方法 How to play Karuta
- Spread out the picture cards facing up at a table, and the players sit around the cards.
- Ask someone to be a card reader.
- Read a clue aloud, and the players compete to touch the picture card that matches the clue.
- The player who touches the picture card first wins it.
- Read the next clue and continue playing.
- If a player touches a wrong card, that player receives a yellow card. The player loses a point at the end of the game.
- If some players touch the card at the same time, use Rock, Scissors, Paper to decide the winner.
- When there are only two cards left, it will be the last turn. The winner on that turn can get both cards.
- At the end of the game, count the number of picture cards for each player.
- The winner is the player with the most picture cards at the end of the game.